A doula is a support person before, during and after your birth. My role as a doula is to advocate for you and your birth experience as well as provide a safe space during your pregnancy and delivery, be the knowledgeable voice and the gentle guide. My role is not to replace your birth partner but to assist him or her with complete support of you. My goal is for your partner and I to seamlessly work together to provide you a calm and peaceful birth space while ensuring emotional support so you feel safe and are truly able to surrender and OWN your birth story.
There are many proven benefits to having continuous labour support from a doula during your birth journey:
- shorter labour times
- 60% decrease in requests for pain management in the form of narcotics
- 30% decrease in anaesthesia
- 31% decrease in inductions and use of Pitocin
- 28% decrease in cesarean risk
- 34% decrease in being dissatisfied with your birth experience
My Doula services include 2 prenatal and 2 postnatal appointments in which we will discuss at length:
- Stages of labour
- Prenatal, Birth and Postnatal Emotional Support
- Pain Management Options for all stages of labour
- Wants and desires for both you and your partner in the birth journey
- Birth Plan
- Breastfeeding support
Having attended and supported well over 100 births, both hospital and home, vaginal and cesarean, I am well equipped to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to reach out to me.
I would be honoured to walk this road with you, support you, empower you and help you achieve the birth that YOU want.
- Please note that I do offer both doula support as well as birth photography within the same birth.